Welcome to the The Cactus and Succulent Society of the ACT, Inc
COVID-19 Update: CSSACT will meet at the Weston Neighbourhood Hall on 21 November 2021.
We continue to publish Capital Cactus each month. Please send your articles and photos to our editor.
To comply with COVID 19 restrictions imposed by the ACT Government, we hired a bigger venue that enables practical social distancing and an allowance of 4m2 of floor area per person. We will meet in the Weston Neighbourhood Hall for October and November.
To get into the car park, you'll need to be in the "downhill" lane of Hilder Street.
Please read our COVID-19 obligations below.
- Social distancing of 1.5m at all times.
- On entry to the hall, sign our COVID-19 attendance register, record your name and your mobile or other phone number.
- Chairs will be evenly spaced at 4m. Do not move them.
- Sanitized hand wipes and liquid sanitizer will be available upon entry and throughout the hall.
- Bring your own plate, cup and spoon. The Society will have individual packs of UHT milk, packaged biscuits, coffee, sugar and hot water. Only three people are allowed in the tea room at any one time.
- We will set up a longitudinal “talk” table where members will be able to talk to one another, separated by 2 table widths.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, do not attend the meeting.
We're using the "Check In CBR" app.
Each venue has a QR code that identifies it to the ACT Government. Please download and use the "Check In CBR" app to register your attendance.
If this is inconvenient, please ask a committee member to use CSSACT's own QR code to register your attendance. We will ask for your name, address and phone number.
I can't get the Member Zone menu to work properly on iPads or iPhones with iOS before version 12 = Safari 12. Maybe other devices have similar issues. I suggest using another browser such as Puffin (https://www.puffin.com) as you can still download that from the application store, and it still works.
This issue is probably due to Joomla version 3, and so it will be fixed when we upgrade to Joomla version 4, possibly by Easter 2022.
...are on the third Sunday each month, unless special circumstances mean we've had to move the meeting. Please check our calendar of events.
Nearly all meetings start at 10:30, begin with Society business, then proceed to a mini-talk, followed by morning tea, then a longer workshop or talk. We finish at 12:30.